An experienced Senior Art Director and Design Strategist who creates innovative design solutions and intelligent interactive experiences for Fortune 500 companies. Committed to collaboration, I work closely with my clients to develop elegant solutions that achieve their business goals while facilitating positive social change.
Senior Visual Designer
Yahoo! (Sunnyvale, CA) 07/2004 - Present
- • Conceive and design Custom Rich Media Ad placements on the Front Page and mobile devices, working collaboratively with engineers and external advertisers.
- • Design and create Seasonal Event Microsites, pioneered social networking integration into these sites. Concept and animate Yahoo! Mastheads to promote events.
- • UI design for Front Page app on iPad, Gemini and other tablets, featuring video content.
- • Development and UI design of new Front Page advertising products and revenue generation models.
- • Create guidelines/documentation for daily production processes, and an Asset Management Tool for company wide User-Experience Design needs.
Yahoo! Green Team Change Agent 10/2007 - Present
- • Collaborate with Green Team members to develop programs and events focused on raising awareness and engaging the Yahoo! community in issues of sustainability.
Senior Art Director
Applied Biosystems (Foster City, CA) 11/2002 - 02/2004
- • Conceived, designed, and produced a brand guidelines corporate extranet to introduce and implement a strategic re-branding initiative.
- • Managed the development of an improved online shopping experience, utilizing user experience research to devise an intuitive information architecture.
- • Created online materials, landing pages, banners and promotional emails supporting ongoing marketing efforts and product launches. Created flash based tutorials and demos for biotech software applications.
Freelance Consulting (S.F., CA) 1/2000 – Present
- • Art directed, designed, produced and managed complete communications programs including identity systems, business systems and printed collateral including brochures, catalogues, advertisements and direct mail.
- • Art directed, designed and produced corporate and consumer websites, Flash banner advertisements, direct-mail email campaigns, and online presentations.
Clients include: Charles Schwab, Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Electronic Arts, Change of Seasons Skincare, C&W Frozen Foods, Film Arts Foundation, GENART SF, Magic Theater, Microbia.
Ideograf Creative Services (S.F., CA) 9/1995 – 1/2000
- • Co-founded an award-winning communication design studio, focused on brand development, corporate identity, collateral and website design.
- • Managed and co-created branding programs in a variety of industries delivering cohesive communication solutions across media types.
- • Acted as business development and sales lead winning lucrative accounts.
Clients include: Bank of America, Broadbase, California State Parks Foundation, Critical Path, Ethos Consulting, JobScience, Livemind, Marino Associates, More.com, Playing 2 Win, Quokka Sports, SOMA Magazine, Virgin, Wells Fargo.